Introduction to Planning and Facilitating Effective Meetings (Timed & Monitored)
- Course Number: B1012T
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $20
Knowing how to plan and facilitate an effective meeting is a highly valuable skill. There is a growing need for increased facilitation skills as decision processes become more collaborative. This course examines the role of a meeting facilitator, describes some of the best and worst facilitation practices, and provides templates for creating meeting agenda and evaluation form. In addition, it explores theories of group interaction and discusses techniques on how to facilitate teleconferences, video conferences, and webinars. With practical skills and approaches provided in this course, you will be more confident that your meetings will be focused and outcome-orientated.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- How to plan for a productive meeting or workshop;
- How to develop two types of meeting agenda;
- How to conduct a meeting effectively; and
- The important role played by a meeting facilitator.