Engineering Economics Expanded (Timed & Monitored)
- Course Number: B1015T
- Credits: 3 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $30
Engineers seek solutions to problems. Besides considering the technical aspects of each potential solution, engineers often need to consider the economic viability of each solution as well. Most professional engineers are already familiar with the basic concepts of engineering economics because it is a subject on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination. Beyond the basic engineering economics, there are many other economic theorems, effects, and laws that will influence the success of engineering projects and engineering firms. In this course, we will explore economic laws and theorems that can improve organizational management and business operations related to the engineering practice.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Know various economic theorems and effects related to business operations;
- Have a better understanding of human behaviors;
- Be able to improve engineering business practice; and
- Become a better project and business manager.