Overview of Stormwater Management
- Course Number: C1011
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $20
Stormwater is something that everyone is familiar with. Whether it is rain, snow, or sleet – we’ve seen it all. This online course provides an overview of stormwater management issues, including stormwater pollution, stormwater management solutions, as well as the best management practices and more. We will examine sources of stormwater pollution and their effects on the environment, typical stormwater management solutions, and federal regulations regarding the management of stormwater.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand the definition of stormwater;
- Understand why stormwater pollution prevention is important;
- Understand what the Clean Water Act is about;
- Understand source controls for preventing stormwater pollution prevention;
- Understand National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES);nd
- Understand construction site Best Management Practices (BPM).