Technological Advances That Changed the World
- Course Number: E1002
- Credits: 8 hours
- Instructor: Helen Chen, Ph.D., PE
- Price: $80
The comforts of everyday life have become a luxury that many take for granted. Items such as smartphones or the roads that we drive on daily are used without a second thought of how they were originally conceived and developed. This book will take you through a brief history lesson of 20th century engineering and discuss what lies ahead. In addition, you will learn some of the notable failures or tragedies that come along with the engineering advancements.
The century before us was filled with amazing technological achievements. These achievements provided us with many steppingstones towards the technology-driven society we have today. Regardless of your engineering occupation, you will benefit greatly by knowing how the tools used by society today came to be.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Learn major engineering achievements in the 20th century;
- Know the amazing work by great engineers and scientists;
- Be aware of notable engineering failures and accidents; and
- Understand what lies ahead of us.