Electric Vehicles 101 (Timed & Monitored)
- Course Number: E1013T
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $20
Over the past decade, the pace of technological developments in the automotive industry has picked up considerably as vehicle manufacturers focus on increasing the fuel efficiency of their vehicles and cutting CO₂ emissions. As a result, we see more and more hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and all-electric vehicles (EVs) on the road. In this course, we will review the history of electric vehicles since 1800s, discuss various types of electric and hybrid electric vehicles, and examine their advantages and disadvantages. In addition, we will go over the infrastructure for charging plug-in electric vehicles (PHEVs) and some frequently asked questions related to EVs.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the history and trend of electric vehicles (EVs);
- Know various types of electric vehicles;
- Understand the pros and cons of EVs;
- Appreciate EVs' role in helping us achieve sustainable transportation.