Creating Energy Efficient Buildings
- Course Number: E1016
- Credits: 4 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $40
Energy efficiency means a stronger economy, a cleaner environment, and greater energy independence for America. This course provides tips and ideas on how to reduce your utility bill while maintaining a desired comfort level in your home. Although the course materials are tailored for residential homes, many of the energy-saving tips and ideas discussed in this course are applicable to office and commercial environments, which include sealing air leaks, properly insulating a house, selecting energy-efficient appliances and replacing incandescent or fluorescent bulbs with LED bulbs.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand where heat and cooling loss occurs;
- Be able to identify where major air leakage occurs;
- Know how to insulate areas such as the attic, floor, walls and crawl space properly;
- Get familiar with different types of insulation; and
- Understand how to conserve energy for a home office.