Improving Indoor Air Quality (Timed & Monitored)
- Course Number: M1021T
- Credits: 4 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $40
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is a major concern to businesses, tenants, and building designers & managers because it can impact the health, comfort, well-being, and productivity of building occupants. In this course, you will learn about several common illnesses related to poor indoor air quality and understand the factors that affect IAQ. In addition, you will learn how to investigate IAQ problems and how to control and improve IAQ in built environments. Additional resources on the subject are also included within the course material.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Know the importance of good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ);
- Be aware of the factors affecting IAQ;
- Be able to recognize the major IAQ contaminants;
- Understand the process of conducting IAQ investigation;
- Get familiar with standards related to IAQ; and
- Learn how to control and improve IAQ.