Fundamentals of HVAC
- Course Number: M1022
- Credits: 3 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $30
Heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) is an important aspect in achieving energy efficient building design. This course describes various types of HVAC systems and their applications, including air conditioning equipment and heating systems. Besides providing overall HVAC recommendations, it discusses about indoor air quality and ventilation requirements. The course materials are based entirely on Chapter 7 of “Energy Efficient Homes” published by the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Identify two major types of central heating systems;
- Know the efficiency rating systems for cooling and heating;
- Understand integrated space and water heating system; and
- Have a better understanding of the fundamentals of HVAC design.