Ohio Engineers - Professional Ethics
- Course Number: R1031
- Credits: 4 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $40
This course provides a review of the Ohio Board Laws and Rules contained in Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4733 and subsequent Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 4733. Brief case summaries are presented for recent violations and disciplinary actions taken by the Board. In addition, some frequently asked questions have been compiled and are presented to help Ohio licensees comply with Board laws and rules.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Become familiar with the Ohio Board Laws and Rules;
- Become familiar with the mandatory continuing education requirements;
- Become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a professional engineer/land surveyor;
- Become aware of various forms of professional misconduct;
- Understand the range of penalties for professional misconduct;
- Have a better understanding of the requirements and other regulatory provisions for practicing engineering and land surveying in the state of Ohio.