Maryland Laws and Regulations Related to the Practice of Engineering
- Course Number: R1041
- Credits: 1 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $10
This course provides a review of the requirements contained in Title 9 of Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), which include Chapter 01 Procedural Regulations, Chapter 02 Hearing Regulation, Chapter 03 Code of Ethics, Chapter 05 Unapproved Option—Engineering Curriculum, and Chapter 06 Continuing Professional Competency Requirements under Subtitle 23. The course is designed to help Maryland engineers earn 1 PDH unit in area related to laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Become familiar with the Code of Ethics contained in Maryland Laws;
- Become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a professional engineer;
- Become familiar with the signing and sealing requirements; and
- Become familiar with the mandatory continuing education requirements.