New Mexico PE & PLS - Professional Ethics
- Course Number: R1062
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $20
As a professional engineer or a land surveyor, the licensee shall at all times recognize the primary obligation to protect the safety, health, property and welfare of the public. The purpose of this course is to help you get familiar with the rules and regulations for practicing engineering or land surveying in the state of New Mexico. At the conclusion of this course, the student will have a better understanding of the rules of professional conduct, continuing education requirements and other regulatory provisions contained in the New Mexico Administrative Code Section 16.39. This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of course materials.
This course is designed to help a NM licensee meet the new 2-hour professional ethics training for the license renewal.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the rules published by the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors;
- Be familiar with various forms of professional misconducts;
- Be familiar with the mandatory continuing education requirements;
- Be familiar with proper ways to sign and seal design documents; and
- Be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a professional engineer/land surveyor.