Wisconsin Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics
- Course Number: R1081
- Credits: 4 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $40
As a professional engineer or a land surveyor, the licensee shall at all times recognize the primary obligation to protect the safety, health, property and welfare of the public. The purpose of this course is to help you get familiar with the rules and regulations for practicing engineering or land surveying in the state of Wisconsin. At the conclusion of this course, you will have a better understanding of the rules of professional conduct, continuing education requirements and other regulatory provisions contained in the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code. This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of course materials.
This course is designed to help Wisconsin licensees meet the new 2-hour ethics training requirement for the license renewal.
* Note: This course cannot be used to satisfy Florida’s 1-PDH requirement in Florida Board Laws & Rules (you need to take R207.)
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the rules and regulations published by the Wisconsin Examining Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, Professional Engineers, Designers and Land Surveyors;
- Be familiar with various forms of professional misconducts prohibited by the Board;
- Be familiar with the mandatory continuing education requirements; and
- Be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a professional engineer/land surveyor.