Indiana Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics
- Course Number: R1091
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $20
This two-hour course provides an in-depth review of the statutes and rules governing the practice of engineering in the State of Indiana as well the ethical standards related to the engineering profession. Students will study the relevant excerpts from Articles 1 and 31 of the Indiana Code Title 25, and Articles 1 and 31 of the Indiana Administrative Code Title 864. In addition, procedures of disciplinary actions by the Indiana Board are presented along with the commonly used terms. This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of course materials.
This course is designed to help Indiana professional engineers meet both the 1-PDH professional ethics training requirement and the 1-PDH Indiana laws and rules training requirement for the license renewal.
* Note: This course cannot be used to satisfy Florida’s 1-PDH requirement in Florida Board Laws & Rules (you need to take R1014.)
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Indiana;
- Be familiar with the rules of professional conduct;
- Be familiar with the procedures of disciplinary actions by the Indiana Board;
- Be familiar with the mandatory continuing educational requirements; and
- Be familiar with the professional obligations as a licensee.