Introduction to Cold-Formed Steel Structures
- Course Number: S1010
- Credits: 2 hours
- Instructor: Helen Chen, Ph.D., PE
- Price: $20
Cold-formed steel products are widely used in the construction industries because of their lightweight and ease of handling and use. This course discusses the manufacturing process of cold-formed steel, the fundamental theories of cold-formed steel design, advantages of cold-formed steel over other construction materials, cold-formed steel applications in today's construction market, and the connection methods.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand the manufacturing process of cold-formed steel;
- Understand the effect of cold-work;
- Understand the structural behavior of cold-formed steel;
- Get familiar with the current design method for cold-formed steel;
- Get familiar with the cold-formed steel products and their connections; and
- Get familiar with the industry standard nomenclature for steel studs and tracks.