Statics for Professional Engineers
- Course Number: S1012
- Credits: 4 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $40
This course introduces concepts in Statics Analysis, discusses how to consider the equilibrium of particles and rigid bodies, and provides procedures and examples on how to analyze truss and frame structures.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand some of basic concepts, including definitions of vector and scalar variables, and coordinate systems used in statics, unit systems;
- Understand the differences of particles and rigid bodies;
- How to consider the equilibrium of particles and rigid bodies;
- How to draw free-body diaphragm of whole structures and individual members, and
- How to determine the reactions and member forces of truss and frame structures.