Introduction to Structural Steel (Timed & Monitored)
- Course Number: S1016T
- Credits: 3 hours
- Instructor: Ellen Huang, PE
- Price: $30
Structural steel is one of the most used construction materials for buildings, bridges, and foundations. This course will introduce structural steel shapes, types and their applications. The course materials are based on “Chapter 5 – Construction Methods and Materials: Heavy Construction” in NAVEDTRA 14336A - US Navy Engineering Aid Advanced. The multiple-choice quiz at the end is designed to help students demonstrate the understanding of the course material.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- be able to identify the shapes of structural steel,
- be able to gain the knowledge of the application of the structural steel,
- be able to learn the applications of various types of steel member connections, and
- be able to know the terms used in steel construction.